AnstonBBS

Go Back   AnstonBBS > Anston Field Target Forums > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2020, 08:13
Club Secretary
Site Admin

The concensus seems to be to keep it on Sunday so original date and time stands. Don't forget to send me any items you want to raise so they can be incorporated into the agenda.
Old 21-01-2020, 15:02
Anston Club Member

Would there be any issues with publishing the any other business prior to the AGM so people have time to consider and form opinions rather than make decisions at short notice.
I'll admit this wasn't my idea but I think it's a good one.

Dave
Old 21-01-2020, 19:44
Club Secretary
Site Admin

I'll publish the agenda shortly, any issues raised will be in the agenda, anyone wishing to raise anything at the AGM there is still time to let me know.

Previous AGM minutes below (I will have some copies at the meeting as well)

Anston FTC AGM 10th Feb 2019
Apologies for absence
None

Approval of the minutes of the last annual general meeting.
Not Covered

Matters Arising from those Minutes.
Not Covered

General reports covering the preceding year and the present state of the Club and its members.
Not Covered

Presentation and acceptance of the accounts for the preceding financial year.
The treasurer presented the report for the year 2018 with no objections
Fixing membership subscriptions, joining fees, range fees and visitors’ fees for the coming year.
Membership and all other current fees will stay the same. Membership numbers will be at the discretion of the committee, any membership applications will be processed in small batches to make the process manageble

Election of Chairman.
No new proposals so existing Chairman was re-elected (Graham Cooper)
Election of Secretary.
No new proposals so existing Secretary was re-elected (Chris Asquith)
Election of Treasurer.
No new proposals so existing Treasurer was re-elected (Mark Hurst)
Election of Grounds Manager
No new proposals so existing Grounds Manager was re-elected (Kevin Walker)
Election of Competition Manager
No new proposals so existing Competition Manager was re-elected (Andy Calpin)

Consideration of any recommendations by the outgoing Committee for changes to the constitution.
The Chairman proposed that members could not be members of more than one shooting clubs, this was seconded by Andy Wheeler. This was voted on and not passed (14 to 15)

Any other business at the sole discretion of the Chairman of the meeting.
Paula Higgins stated she had contacted RangeSports re a cushion for PJBRC prize and thought it a good idea to show our support to the supplier. Forum link was mentioned and members were encouraged to let the supplier know they were from Anston if they purchased anything in future. We will look into another batch of Anston marked clothing.
There was a discussion on insurance clarification relating to certified ranges and it was confirmed this only applied if live ammunition was used (which is not applicable to Anston). The size of our indemnity claim limit was mentioned and this is £10 million which was thought to be appropriate.
Work parties were discussed and Kevin Walker and Andy Calpin were strongly in favour of all members doing their share to make it “fair” to the others who regularly contributed. It was decided that positively encouraging new members as part of the application process was a good idea.
Paul Lawrence proposed that new members should not be a member of two clubs in NEFTA region and this was seconded by the Chairman. The vote was carried 26 to 2
Club coaching days were mentioned and this was confirmed would go ahead in some form in the future at an appropriate time.
Old Today, 10:22
Anston club Member
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty
Would there be any issues with publishing the any other business prior to the AGM so people have time to consider and form opinions rather than make decisions at short notice.
I'll admit this wasn't my idea but I think it's a good one.

Dave

I agree with this, anything that requires a vote shouldn't be a surprise and hidden in AOB.