AnstonBBS

Go Back   AnstonBBS > Anston Field Target Forums > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-07-2019, 05:55

Default Co2 pistol law

Hi, this may already have been discussed but I am after some clarification. I have a crosman 1008 co2 repeater pistol that fires .177 pellets, not bbs, and is all black. Can it be left black for back garden shooting. I think I'm right in saying bb guns have to 50% red or blue or some other bright colour but I cant seem to find a solid yes or no for pellet pistols. Would rather it stayed black but I will paint it if I really have to. Thanks for any advice.
Old 17-07-2019, 16:59
Anston Club Member

You are okay with it being black, I had one a few years ago. Look on the range there is some realistic looking pistols there crome or gun metal colors, yours is fine.
Old 17-07-2019, 17:42
Anston Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njcr
Hi, this may already have been discussed but I am after some clarification. I have a crosman 1008 co2 repeater pistol that fires .177 pellets, not bbs, and is all black. Can it be left black for back garden shooting. I think I'm right in saying bb guns have to 50% red or blue or some other bright colour but I cant seem to find a solid yes or no for pellet pistols. Would rather it stayed black but I will paint it if I really have to. Thanks for any advice.

The blue colour your refering to is to do with airsoft shooters who use high powered bb guns to play army with rubber knives..
Those types of gun can only be sold to joe public in blue. To purchase a version without the blue you ned a UKARA licence. They dont use co2 pistols or rifles when playig army with rubber knives so your fine.
Old 17-07-2019, 18:01

Good to know. Thanks. 'Play army with rubber knives'...I like that. I have got a little bb gun for my son and its blue. I like the replica stuff. Had some fun in the back garden with the .177 today. Great for target practice and good rate of fire. Are pistols allowed at the range...when I get membership of course.
Old 17-07-2019, 18:12
Anston Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njcr
Good to know. Thanks. 'Play army with rubber knives'...I like that. I have got a little bb gun for my son and its blue. I like the replica stuff. Had some fun in the back garden with the .177 today. Great for target practice and good rate of fire. Are pistols allowed at the range...when I get membership of course.

Yes they are but in competition at our winter league you cannot use a co2.. If you are using it at the range ensure you only shoot through card board and not hard chip board as the pelets have a tendancy to bounce back from low powered pistols. And of course remove your co2 capsules from the range dont leave them behind.
Old 17-07-2019, 19:15
Anston Club Member

Njcr I may have some extra mags for your crossman 1008, are they the ones with magnet in them??
Old 18-07-2019, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Njcr I may have some extra mags for your crossman 1008, are they the ones with magnet in them??

They aren't no but I think they may still fit. I believe the 1088 had the magnet ones and they are supposed to fit mine. Can but try. Thanks. Very kind
Old 18-07-2019, 05:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRobinson
Yes they are but in competition at our winter league you cannot use a co2.. If you are using it at the range ensure you only shoot through card board and not hard chip board as the pelets have a tendancy to bounce back from low powered pistols. And of course remove your co2 capsules from the range dont leave them behind.

Thanks for the info. I definitely wouldn't leave any rubbish behind. Hate littering