AnstonBBS

Go Back   AnstonBBS > Anston Field Target Forums > Events and Meetings
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2006, 09:30
Admin

Default NEFTA Hunter Series - Round 1

The first of the NEFTA Hunter Series events is almost apon us now (Sunday 16th April)
up at Redfearns - Junction 38 of the M1 (about 30 miles away)

For details about what to expect, what the rules are etc. Have a look on the NEFTA Hunter website

www.neftahunter.co.uk

Check your diaries and clear a slot on Easter Sunday for the first event - it's going to be a good one and a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Doesn't matter what gun and scope you've got and it doesn't even matter what score you get - come along and have a laugh.
Old 08-04-2006, 14:41
Anston Member in spirit
Site Admin

Bri,
I take it that pre booking is not required then?

I was thinking about meeting Kev ( chopsta ) at redfearns but if pre booking is not required I might as well take a gun

Alan.
Old 08-04-2006, 14:59
Admin

Nope, no pre-booking, just turn up, sign in and enjoy yourself.

We're expecting 2 sessions - first session starts at 9am, and we'll aim to keep it to 2 per lane (max of 62 shooters) - but if there are lots of people there then we might add a few 3's in.

Second session will start at about 11:30am or thereabouts (hard to say exactly) and for that one we'll go to 3 per lane if we have to (another 93 max).

If there are any more still waiting to shoot, we'll consider a 3rd session - but to be honest, I'm not at all sure how many people are going to attend.

There's not going to be so much waiting around at these events, as there are no shoot-offs and no trophies or prizes at the end.

We can't award badges until everyone has shot, but if you've qualified for a badge and you can't wait around to pick it up at the end you'll be able to collect it at the next event or you can ask someone to collect it on your behalf.

Oh, there's one other feature as well - the results are published on the t'interweb, but each shooter will be able to opt out of this by ticking a box on their scorecard if you'd rather keep your score to yourself. (Some people don't want to broadcast their score and knowing that it's going to be put on a website can add some pressure that not everyone wants)

These events are designed to be light hearted fun, not serious competition. If you want to be competitive then you've got the choice, if you just want to shoot round for fun then you've got that option open to you as well.
Old 13-04-2006, 13:50
Admin

Not long to go now

btw - this is an open shoot - anyone can come along and shoot it. You don't need to be a member of a club, just as long as you've got an airgun that doesn't require a certificate to use (i.e. sub 12 foot pound) then you can shoot.

Just turn up on the day, book in and enjoy yourself.

Full details on what to expect etc are on the NEFTA hunter website

www.neftahunter.co.uk
Old 16-04-2006, 17:12

And what a great day it was. Thanks to all you NEFTA guys for making it happen. It was brilliant.

cheers

Andy Jackson